Monday, October 1, 2012

Week 3...our eyes are open!

Monday of week 3...we certainly had an eye-opening weekend at home! Even more reasons to make healthier life-choices early in our adulthood - before old habits are even harder to break. It's definitely not all about losing weight (although, that will certainly be nice). It is about living healthy, playing hard, and taking care of our heads, hearts, and bodies. All is temporary and fleeting, so let's buck the fuck up and take charge of the trajectory (as much as possible). In turn, we shall also learn to move with the ebb and flow of the unexpected and revel in it's serendipity. 

I know it shouldn't surprise me at this point, but what did catch me the most off-guard this weekend was our mother's lack of acceptance of her mortality - even after everything that has happened in her life!?! I mean...I really thought "mortality" was one of the natural stages of adulthood, but I guess not! It really didn't hit me until a few years ago. Once it hit, it hit though! It can be a teenage thing for some people, but I figured everyone had a bit of that phase under their belts by 60! She actually looked shocked when I asked the question! All I can think about now is how lucky we are to be here for our short time on Earth:)!  


No comments:

Post a Comment